Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEVELOPMENT SCHEDULE (Updated: Dec 9, 2013)

2 posters

:: Chat

Go down

DEVELOPMENT SCHEDULE (Updated:  Dec 9, 2013) Empty DEVELOPMENT SCHEDULE (Updated: Dec 9, 2013)

Post by Ace Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:52 pm

I know it's been quiet, but I figured I would let you in on our "Tiered Development" technique.

"Tiered Development" is, essentially, exactly how it sounds. We're doing things in tiers. I'm posting this topic to show you where we're at and what we're doing right now. DEVELOPMENT SCHEDULE (Updated:  Dec 9, 2013) 587596

I'll be updating this as I get time.

So, without further ado, this is where we are as of now (Updated:  Dec 9, 2013):

Tier 1: Game Engine / Development Tools -- Design

This is the stage where we determine the exact overall game design we're aiming to accomplish and describe the tools we need to accomplish that design in detail.

(100% complete)

Tier 2: Game Engine / Development Tools -- Framework

I said before that the engine's framework was complete, but we decided to go in a different direction with the game's feature list than we initially expected, and therefore we had to rework this step, which took a significant amount of time longer than we initially thought.

We've finished this step again and have been adding polish to the game alongside planning new modes and features. Our sole focus right now is implementing the recently finalized ability list and getting at least a tech demo together sometime soon to show off the game's mechanics.

(100% complete)

Tier 3: Game Programmin' and Shiny Stuff

This is where we're gonna start adding in the cool abilities and developing graphical assets (i.e. the fun part) as well as adding polish and physical shape to the overall game (i.e. stuff you can see). We will release a demo of the game mechanics halfway through this process to show how the game will look and feel before putting on the finishing touches for our first alpha release.

(17% complete)

Tier 4: Alpha Testing!

The beginnings of a pretty solid game design will be ready for you to get your grubby mitts on and tell us how flawed it is so we can (possibly) extract some information on what we can do to make it right. We'll begin to promote the game from here on out (and hopefully YOU will too) in order to get a lot of people in our community for you to play against OR alongside.

We will likely hold a level and character design competition during this time so that you might have some input on what kinds of battleground areas and characters will be included with the base game! If you're lucky, your game content designs could be featured alongside ours in the next release! Very Happy

(0% complete)

Tier 5: Official Release!

This is where we finalize the game's aesthetics based on your feedback, and address any concerns raised during the playtesting. After this is complete, MUGEN ZERO will be Officially Released as an alpha-funded game that we want YOU to help us design and develop assets for! DEVELOPMENT SCHEDULE (Updated:  Dec 9, 2013) 778333

(0% complete)

Last edited by Ace on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:05 pm; edited 5 times in total
Ace
Ace
Admin

Back to top Go down

DEVELOPMENT SCHEDULE (Updated:  Dec 9, 2013) Empty Re: DEVELOPMENT SCHEDULE (Updated: Dec 9, 2013)

Post by Nial8r Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:01 pm

Awesome!
Really looking forward to this! Smile
Nial8r
Nial8r

Back to top Go down